By Alan Baker
Read or Download A Comprehensive Course in Number Theory PDF
Similar number theory books
The articles during this quantity are an outgrowth of a world Confer ence in Intersection idea that came about in Bologna, Italy (December 1997). In a a little unorthodox layout aimed toward either the mathematical group in addition to summer season institution scholars, talks have been research-oriented in addition to in part expository.
This e-book hyperlinks topics: algebraic geometry and coding thought. It makes use of a unique strategy in line with the speculation of algebraic functionality fields. insurance comprises the Riemann-Rock theorem, zeta services and Hasse-Weil's theorem in addition to Goppa' s algebraic-geometric codes and different conventional codes.
This monograph offers a quick exposition of automorphic varieties of weight 1 and their functions to mathematics, specially to Galois representations. one of many remarkable difficulties in mathematics is a generalization of sophistication box idea to non-abelian Galois extension of quantity fields. during this quantity, we talk about a few relatives among this challenge and cusp different types of weight 1.
This monograph provides a cutting-edge and obtainable therapy of a brand new common higher-dimensional thought of advanced dimensions, legitimate for arbitrary bounded subsets of Euclidean areas, in addition to for his or her ordinary generalization, relative fractal drums. It offers an important extension of the present concept of zeta capabilities for fractal strings to fractal units and arbitrary bounded units in Euclidean areas of any measurement.
- P-adic Analysis: A Short Course on Recent Work (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Elementary and Analytic Theory of Algebraic Numbers (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- The Congruences of a Finite Lattice: A Proof-by-Picture Approach
- Galois Representations in Arithmetic Algebraic Geometry (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Complex Geometry and Dynamics: The Abel Symposium 2013 (Abel Symposia)
- Squares (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
Extra info for A Comprehensive Course in Number Theory
A Comprehensive Course in Number Theory by Alan Baker