By Cathleen Nowak
Hauptaufgabe der criteria ist es, ein pflegewissenschaftlich anerkanntes Qualitätsniveau herzustellen und zu sichern. Die Expertenstandards finden bereits Anwendung bei verschiedenen Qualitätsprüfungen und bei juristischen Urteilsfindungen.
Mit der Verabschiedung des Pflege-Weiterentwicklungsgesetzes im Juli 2008 haben die Expertenstandards auch in der Gesetzgebung eine feste Rolle gefunden. Demnach sind die Pflegeeinrichtungen verpflichtet an Qualitätsmaßnahmen mitzuwirken. Dies schließt die Anwendung der Expertenstandards ein.
Im Zuge dieser Entwicklungen wurde zu Beginn des Jahres 2008 im Altenpflegeheim am Diakonissenhaus in Leipzig das Projekt zur Implementierung des Expertenstandard Sturzprophylaxe in der Pflege gestartet. Das Projekt beabsichtigte den Expertenstandard Sturzprophylaxe in der Pflege auf alle Wohnbereiche praxisnah einzuführen und den Pflegekräften Unsicherheiten und Ängste bei der Anwendung des criteria zu nehmen.
Längst vor der Einführung des criteria wurden alle Stürze im heiminternen PC-gestützten Dokumentationssystem protokolliert. Dazu bedienten sich die Pflegekräfte einem bereits vorinstallierten Sturzereignisprotokoll. Im Rahmen des Projektes wurde zur Feststellung des IST-Zustandes eine Dokumentenanalyse der bisher geführten Sturzprotokolle durchgeführt. Neben der Bestimmung des IST-Zustandes hatte die Dokumentenanalyse das Ziel, Probleme bei der Führung der Sturzprotokolle seitens der Pflegekräfte herauszufiltern. Angestrebt wurde außerdem ein typisches Sturzmuster aufzuzeigen, um künftige Risiken zu erkennen oder vorab schon auszuschalten. Mit der Visualisierung eines Sturzmusters sollten des Weiteren Präventionsmaßnahmen eingeleitet werden können.
By H. Michael Dreher PhD RN FAAN
"This is a distinct ebook that may be useful to either graduate scholars complex perform nurses. because the function of the DNP graduate is evolving, this can be an incredible contribution to the sphere. It makes a speciality of the constructing dialogue of perform and graduate levels within the box of nursing and offers up to date information regarding the evolving and increasing roles of DNP graduate nurses." Score: a hundred, five Stars.--Doody's clinical stories (2013)
"This awesome and proposal upsetting book...provides the data not to basically comprehend the problems and position comparable demanding situations of doctoral complicated nursing perform however the thought to embody the function and turn into a transformer of healthcare...the use of reflective responses during the chapters via nationwide DNP students, practitioners, and specialists is a present to the field."
--From the Foreword by means of Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP/PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN
Dean and extraordinary beginning Professor
Arizona country collage university of Nursing & wellbeing and fitness Innovation
Functioning as either a graduate textbook, Role improvement for Doctoral complex Nursing Practice explores the old and evolving position of the hot doctoral complex perform registered nurse.
This leading edge textual content offers a particular two-part bankruptcy association that gives content material via a number of Reflective Responses, which include commentaries that could counter or help the evaluations of every bankruptcy writer. Written through famous DNP leaders representing the varied roles and adventure of teachers, directors, and practitioners from various DNP courses, those Reflective Responses begin thought-provoking school room dialogue. This stimulating and provocative textual content provides concerns germane to DNP schooling, center potential, and unfolding position improvement. it really is an important source in DNP function improvement classes and classes overlaying modern DNP measure issues.
- Provides heritage details at the evolution of the DNP measure, crucial content material on function idea, and what nursing "roles" are and the way they're evolving
- Discusses how master's as opposed to doctoral-level complicated nursing perform roles differ
- Focuses at the simple roles of the DNP graduate that at the moment predominate: practitioner, medical govt, educator, scientific scientist, and the position of the scientific student
- Highlights how the DNP can use his or her new knowledge to operate at a better level
- Covers the various abilities that contain the doctoral APRN and doctoral APN function, together with management content material, negotiation talents, leveraging expertise to aid doctoral complex point perform, and more
By Gertraud Luce-Wunderle
Praxiswissen und Sicherheit für die OP-Pflege Punktgenaue Informationen im Kitteltaschenformat: Sie erhalten aktuelles und praxisorieniertes Fachwissen für die tägliche Arbeit im OP - und noch mehr: viele Tipps und tips aus der Praxis helfen Ihnen, effektiv und sicher zu arbeiten.
Die Highlights aus dem Klinikleitfaden OP-Pflege:
- OP-Organisation: OP-Planung, Mitarbeiteranleitung, rechtliche Aspekte
- Routine-Arbeitstechniken: steriles Arbeiten, Lagern und Abdecken
- Handhabung, Pflege, Verpackung und Aufbewahrung von Instrumenten und Geräten
- Detaillierte OP-Verläufe, jeweils mit Lagerung und zu richtenden Materialien und Instrumenten
- Glossar gebräuchlicher Fachbegriffe
Immer dabei: Ihr Helfer für alle Fälle!
Neu in der 6. Auflage:
- Patientenorientierter Pflegeprozess im OP
- Verbesserung der Pflege durch Maßnahmen der Qualitätssicherung
- Ergänzung wichtiger aktueller OP-Techniken wie z.B.OPCAB: Koronararterien-Bypass-OP am schlagenden Herzen ohne Herzlungenmaschine
- Minimalinvasive Venen- und/oder Arterienentnahme
- MIDCAB: Minimalinvasive direkte koronararterielle Bypassoperation
- Organisation und OP-Ablauf einer Multiorganentnahme
By Maurice King,Glen Mola,Hugh Philpott,Jim Thornton,Douwe Verkuyl,Collin Bullough
Family making plans Methods
Pregnancy and bleeding in pregnancy
HIV/aids and Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Obstruction, tears and fistulae in baby birth
By OCN Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
This OCN research guide contains OCN perform try out questions. Our OCN research consultant includes easy-to-read crucial summaries that spotlight the most important components of the OCN try. Mometrix's OCN try out examine advisor experiences crucial parts of the OCN exam.
The OCN examination is intensely hard and thorough try guidance is key for fulfillment. OCN examination secrets and techniques examine Guide is the correct prep resolution for a person who desires to cross the OCN exam.
Not merely does it supply a accomplished consultant to the OCN examination as an entire, it additionally presents perform try questions in addition to distinctive factors of every answer.
OCN examination secrets and techniques examine Guide includes:
- A exact evaluate of the necessities for an oncology qualified nurse
- An in-depth examine facing caliber of lifestyles issues
- An large evaluation of protecting mechanisms
- A advisor to gastrointestinal, urinary, and cardiopulmonary function
- An exam of oncologic emergencies
- An research of medical foundation for practice
- A breakdown of the elements of health and wellbeing promoting performance
- Comprehensive perform questions with precise resolution explanations
It's jam-packed with the severe details you will have as a way to do good at the attempt: the thoughts, approaches, ideas, and vocabulary that the Oncology Nursing Certification company (ONCC) expects you to have mastered earlier than sitting for the exam.
The caliber of existence part includes:
- Sleep Stages
The protecting Mechanisms part includes:
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Endogenous vs. exogenous organisms
- Hemorrhage, hemostasis, and coagulation
The Gastrointestinal and Urinary functionality part includes:
The Cardiopulmonary functionality part includes:
- Ventilation impairments
- Radiation- and chemotherapy-induced lung disease
- Pleural effusion
- Cardiovascular toxicity
The Oncologic Emergencies part includes:
- Tumor lysis syndrome
- Spinal twine compression
The medical foundation for perform part includes:
- Stages of melanoma development
- Lymph organs
- Genetic mutations
The well-being promoting part includes:
- Screening tests
- Cancer prevalence
- Absoulte risk
The specialist functionality part includes:
- Oncology nursing standards
- Ethical theories
- Legal documents
- Clinical trials
Any try out prep advisor is just nearly as good as its perform questions and solutions, and that is one other sector the place our advisor stands proud. Our try designers have supplied ratings of try out questions that may organize you for what to anticipate at the real OCN examination. every one resolution is defined extensive, in an effort to make the rules and reasoning at the back of it crystal clear.
- OCN attempt prep ebook that offers a entire evaluate for the OCN test.
- OCN examination prep that can assist you raise your OCN try out score.
- OCN learn guide that might lessen your fear concerning the OCN exam.
- OCN evaluation e-book that can assist you steer clear of the pitfalls of OCN try anxiety.
- OCN perform try questions and masses more...
By Joellen W. Hawkins RN,BS, APRN-C Roberto-Nichols Diane M.,MA, APRN-C Stanley-Haney J. Lynn
"This textbook presents the busy clinician with a 'one cease' accomplished consultant to women's wellbeing and fitness that incorporates crucial parts of the background, diagnostic workup, therapy, and administration directions for many universal healthiness matters and difficulties particular to delivering gynecologic care to ladies. Clinicians will welcome the up to date medical content material and extra assets and academic recommendations."
From the ahead via R. Mimi Secor, MS, MEd, FNP-BC, FAANP
Family Nurse Practitioner/Consultant, focusing on Women's Health
National NP Radio Host for ReachMD "Partners in Practice"
This landmark tenth version of a hugely revered vintage and best-selling reference offers present guidance for basic care administration of universal gynecological stipulations around the age span. The totally revised new version presents well-organized, concise, and easier-to-access evidence-based perform directions to be used in group and ambulatory settings. it's been written through nurse practitioners with over ninety years of mixed event in women's future health, and integrates the information of famous specialists for every subject.
This tenth version deals new info for all guidance and provides crucial new directions for sexually transmitted illnesses, relatives making plans, clinical abortion, breast melanoma screening and different breast stipulations, osteoporosis, menopause, incontinence, sexual disorder, complementary and substitute treatments, smoking cessation, abuse and violence screening, abuse screening for disabled ladies, and Pap, PCOS, and preconception care. The consultant additionally comprises a completely new bankruptcy on annual good girl visits, an stronger psychological health and wellbeing bankruptcy detailing discontinuation of SSRIs/SNRIs, fresh instructions from the area overall healthiness association relating to birth control, and extra. This e-book might be of price to graduate nursing courses, all nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives.
- Reflects "best perform" criteria of care empirically confirmed to enhance sufferer results through a minimum of 28%
- Provides quickly and simple entry to the most important medical info via use of an intuitive alpha association, a constant layout, and new spiral binding
- Contains new "Well girl Annual stopover at" bankruptcy
- Patient schooling handouts are incorporated in booklet and come in printable PDF layout online
- Contains thoroughly new bibliographies reflecting the newest literature and evidence-based perform, and appropriate websites
By Michael Horst
By Patricia A. Potter,Anne Griffin Perry,Patricia Stockert,Amy Hall
It’s all the advisor to nursing — from uncomplicated suggestions to crucial skills! basics of Nursing, ninth Edition prepares you to be triumphant as a nurse via supplying an excellent starting place in severe pondering, evidence-based perform, nursing thought, and secure scientific care in all settings. With illustrated, step by step guidance, this booklet makes it effortless to profit vital abilities and systems. Care plans are awarded inside a nursing strategy framework, and case experiences convey how one can observe options to nursing perform. From knowledgeable writer crew led by way of Patricia Potter and Anne Griffin Perry, this bestselling nursing textbook is helping you boost the certainty and scientific reasoning you want to offer very good sufferer care.
- 51 abilities demonstrations offer illustrated, step by step directions for secure nursing care — and contain rationales for every step.
- 29 procedural guidelines supply streamlined, step by step directions for acting uncomplicated skills.
- UNIQUE! serious Thinking Models in every one medical bankruptcy express tips on how to follow the nursing approach and demanding considering to accomplish profitable scientific outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter exhibits how nursing learn is helping in making a choice on top practices.
- UNIQUE! taking good care of the melanoma Survivor chapter prepares nurses to take care of melanoma sufferers who should face actual and emotional issues.
- Case studies contain specified medical software questions and routines, permitting you to perform utilizing care plans and idea maps.
- The 5-step nursing process presents a constant framework for care, and is verified in additional than 20 care plans.
- 15 review questions in each chapter try out your retention of key ideas, with solutions on hand within the booklet and at the Evolve better half website.
- Practical learn instruments on Evolve include movies of talents, abilities checklists, printable key issues, a fluid & electrolytes educational, an idea map author, an audio thesaurus, and more.
- UNIQUE! transparent, streamlined writing style makes advanced fabric extra approachable.
- More than 20 thought maps express care making plans for consumers with a number of nursing diagnoses.
- Key issues and key terms in each one chapter summarize very important content material for extra effective overview and study.
- Unexpected results and similar Interventions for every ability warn you to strength difficulties and applicable nursing activities.
- Delegation coverage clarifies which initiatives can and can't be delegated.
- A glossary presents easy accessibility to definitions for all key terms.
By Catherine E. Burns,Ardys M. Dunn,Margaret A. Brady,Nancy Barber Starr,Catherine G. Blosser,Dawn Lee Garzon
Get an in-depth examine pediatric fundamental care throughout the eyes of a Nurse Practitioner! Pediatric basic Care, sixth Edition courses readers during the technique of assessing, dealing with, and fighting illnesses in babies, young children, and teenagers. Key subject matters comprise developmental conception, problems with day-by-day dwelling, the healthiness prestige of youngsters this day, and variety and cultural concerns. This 6th variation additionally incorporates a wealth of latest content material and updates — akin to a brand new bankruptcy on pediatric pharmacology, full-color layout and illustrations, new QSEN integration, up-to-date insurance of the impression of the cheap Care Act, a refocused bankruptcy on perform administration, and extra — to maintain readers brand new at the newest matters affecting perform today.
- Comprehensive content material provides a whole origin within the basic care of kids from the original point of view of the Nurse Practitioner and covers the complete spectrum of medical conditions obvious within the basic care of kids, emphasizing either prevention and management.
- In-depth tips on assessing and dealing with pediatric health problems covers sufferers from infancy via adolescence.
- Four-part organization includes 1) an introductory unit at the foundations of world pediatric healthiness, baby and family members health and wellbeing evaluation, and cultural views for pediatric basic care; 2) a unit on dealing with baby improvement; three) a unit on overall healthiness advertising and administration; and four) a unit on sickness management.
- Content dedicated to problems with day-by-day living covers concerns which are part of each kid's progress — comparable to nutrients and bathroom education — that may bring about illnesses except acceptable schooling and counsel are given.
- Algorithms are used during the publication to supply a concise assessment of the evaluate and administration of universal disorders.
- Resources for companies and families also are integrated in the course of the textual content for extra information.
- Expert editor team good is well-versed within the scope of perform and information base of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNPs) and family members Nurse Practitioners (FNPs).
By Rosie Pudner
Nursing the Surgical sufferer is written for, and through, nurses. It adopts a patient-centred method of the care of individuals requiring a wide selection of surgeries. Compiled by means of skilled practitioners and educators within the box, it covers correct anatomy and body structure, investigations, short info on correct health conditions resulting in surgical procedure, an overview of the surgeries and the nursing care the sufferer will require.
The key nursing care concerns are defined and explored, with case experiences and care plans to deliver thought to existence. complete and research-based, but obtainable and interesting, Nursing the Surgical sufferers an essential significant other to nurses taking care of surgical sufferers in both the first or secondary care setting.
This identify is directed essentially in the direction of health and wellbeing care pros outdoors of the United States.